Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's my Birthday

Days after the equinox, on a romantic September-end, Autumn air, I am so lucky to be born! Today I am celebrating my birthday! I was only getting comfortable with my age and here comes another year so I guess I have to get used to me being a year older now. By the way, I took the day off today. My first birthday leave in the last 5 years. My goal is very simple,  drive to Tagaytay alone and magmoment ng bonggang-bongga, drop by at Pink Sisters, have pizza and coffee afterwards. Well, not until I saw this sale Massage Ad along our place so I decided, massage is better than driving far right? Great choice I guess.
During my massage, when I'm fighting to drowse off, my mind drifted 10 years ago. It felt like only yesterday. Then almost instantly..my eyes sprung open because I remembered writing my future self back then. I know I have it tucked somewhere, or maybe I lost it already. Now that got me into really thinking, so I decided I'll sleep it over the night for now.


Ha-Happy Birthday to me..

Next morning my-year-older life has officially begun...and I woke up to this!


Turns out my little bratinela sister surprised me with a gift wrapped present. That was why she was insisting last night to  get a massage so she can sneaked this. So thoughtful! Now I love birthdays. What a nice way to start the day. I went to church next thing. The Gospel was beautiful. There is a time for everything. A time to heal, a time to love, a time for peace. Somehow I felt like it was meant for me, after of which I ran errands paying bills and went alone-time, had lunch while answering some emails-(Sorry I know I promised some digital detox today :) It's not until dinner my sister and Daryl arrived with a bouquet of flowers and foods. Just in time when I am already starving. We also had pretty cake and some wine. My eyes threatened to water when they began to sing me happy birthday. After a brief wish (No saying out loud because it won't come true daw!) we finished the bottle of wine!

Another year older, Lory


So just what I asked myself ten years ago,  I guess I  never felt so young and alive! Last birthday was just as meaningful because of the lessons learned,  yes- regrets and disappointments along the way, new faces,  new friends, true friends who never left, and my family who keeps me grounded. My greatest enemy has been me all along. I wanted to get ahead and exceed my self, but hey I realized its okay just being okay. It's okay not getting everything we want to. Just as the Gospel tells me. there is a time for everything. Being this age is a little bit of young and old, now I can call myself yuppie- (I do hope it don't show on my face yet.)

So today, I am thankful for all the blessings and blessings-in-disguise that have happened to me. I kind of ugly cried too when I was reading through my FB messages (I'm shallow like that) and notes from closest friends. It's nice to know they remembered my birthday without me putting my birth date on notification!

As my favorite quote goes: Coins makes sounds unlike paperbills, so when your Value increase, keep silent and maintain a thankful and humble heart. 
Yes I will always have a thankful heart.



So awesome as it looks like,
and hopes in my heart for all the good things to come!
Cheers!


Happy at heart,
itsmelory (^.^)


PS. (I forgot this has been on my draft since 26th) 

No comments:

Post a Comment