Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 26-What was it Like 5 years Ago?

My day started so early!  As planned, I'm off to get a breath of fresh morning air. The last time I jogged was like 4 months ago! Oh, I should do this on weekdays. I just hope my time and energy will allow me to. Speaking of which, last Monday I attended a Career Life Enhancement Program and I replayed the lines in my mind "do not to wait for the time but make the time". So fingers crossed-I do hope I will make the time. The nice cool air on my face feels really good as I profoundly think what was I 5 years ago and what have changed since then..


Change is constant


Of course I've changed! I mean who doesn't? Five years ago I was but just a fresh graduate who took my board exam and passed it by God's grace. So 5 years ago I was this jobless fresh grad who can't wait to get a job to learn and earn. I imagine myself- full of hopes, full of dreams, and so full of myself, haha. Armed with my overbearing confidence and a license, I took my chance of applying for a job then I realized that getting a job is harder than I thought! But as I reflected a little more and on my 3rd lap already, I realized that where am I right now is not exactly part of my 2009 goals, but I'm pretty happy and amazed by maybe a couple of things for that matter.



Just imagine..

  • That five years ago was cramming-me for thesis, graduation moment and later on, cramming-me again for the board exam. I thank heavens I passed (forever grateful!)
  •  I started my young career 5 years ago. 2014 & still in the same company. I didn't thought I'd last this much. I thought I'd likely accept my wallclock token(?) for Loyalty this December! hahahah
  • I never thought that my current work would consist of what I love most about-traveling and meeting people. Well, stress will always be a part of every work I guess.
  • I think I really am living up to being an independent woman. But you know what they say.. great independence comes with great responsibility.
  • I matured enough (I think so). I have become more grateful, more patient, more loving to my parents, more helpful, more forgiving. 5 years can make you understand the bigger picture rather than focus on your own little self :)


I am grateful

I closed my eyes and offer a silent prayer as I slowed down just as Daryl joined me who tugged me asking if I was sleep walking instead of jogging. I grinned and thinks to myself...Aba 5 years and this guy is still keeping up with me? I must have been an angel in my previous life to deserve this. He only gave me this weird look because I was grinning ear to ear. hahaha! Five years can really make a difference! Please Lord, bless the next 5 years to come! :)


2009. Taken during my Oath taking Program.
Mental note: I should wear my hair like this!



Much love,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment