Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 25 - Home is where the heart is

I love weekends-especially when I am at home. So after doing my chores, cleaned the apartment, cooked for myself, my reward would be a nice nap to my favorite guitar music like Wishful Thinking. Ah, feels like home.

Speaking of which, last night I had a chance to talk to my dear Mamita over phone. It was our usual kamustahan how our day was and all. She started complaining and was even high-pitched about how she hated our floor tiles (she had to clean it frequently) . She said she cooked my favorite fish for dinner and that Pops accompanied her to market. Great, my father hates it.  I laughed at the thought that our walls coming off already and pahaging effect (sending clues) that it needs replacement soon! Okiedokie Mamita-try harder. Hehe! She was rambling about Nanay Lourdes' upcoming birthday on the 10th reminding me to send my share (ahemm) for the supposed surprise party they are planning. I told her in return that we will book our flight back home for Christmas vacation and she couldn't contain her excitement that she'll see her apo's na naman. She said Papsie's busy with his permutation thing ulit.  His brain should benefit from it. She thought it was really funny. We bade goodbye and before I could hang up she goes again with her reminders of taking vitamins, vegetable thing, sleep, etc. So when I click the off button, I realized, hey we haven't really talked so much these past few days!

I am guilty for not making the time to call my folks. So suddenly...I miss our small simple home. I miss my double-deck-bed which I share with my kontrabida sis Edz, I miss our after dinner bonding and chat, my Mamita's nagging and careless laughters, I miss her wrinkled face, her streaks of gray hair (which she tries to conceal) and her cooking. I miss being taken cared of my Mamita! 
I remembered back in highschool, I can't wait to be in college so then I could live on my own, being independent, no guardian to look after you and the idea that you could go home anytime you want-it was very exciting! It was awesome yes-but not totally. There were times when I felt bad at school that I wish my Pops and Mamita was around me, but thankfully that's where I learned being independent!  Now that I am working-I had to be away from family and it can be pretty sad sometimes when you miss them. I always can't wait to go on a vacation and spend as much time with them. Well, few more months dear and we'll be home soon. Ah, whatever age we may be, home is really where the heart is.






Missing home,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment