Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 21-Happy thoughts




I remembered my 5 year old self, careless, dirty, silly, carefree but happy! Simple treats like candy, pandesal with cheese, Yakult, christmas gifts, new school bag or shoes makes me the happiest person in the world! It's so true that when you're young, you can't wait to grow up. As an adult, you wish you can go back to being a child again.



Growing up..


Makes you realize that its not really those empty frills that can make you sincerely happy. Being away from home and living on my own makes me look back about those simple joys I took for granted. Like nothing gives me more joy than going home to my Mamita's cooking or when she would sew my dress (while complaining a lot), comb my hair until I fall asleep, clean my ears, getting a back massage (yes I'm spoiled, joke), or being able to celebrate Christmas with family, the hilarious-exchange-gift-tradition, amusing parlor games, sleeping side by side with my sisters and trying hard to sneak out silently the following morning so the last one should arrange the used beddings (usually Cutie, she can't complain being the youngest!). It's that kind of simple happiness that amounts to nothing in this world!
As a career person, happiness is being productive! Completing reports on time, and getting commendation from your boss' boss. Being able to sleep for a longer time on a gloomy Saturday morning and getting up to a hearty breakfast.


Happiness..



Is indeed found in small things! I am grateful for all the simple things that's keeping my memory bank and heart full. So while I hang in here until December for my most awaited vacay, these faces (I keep on my phone) makes me utterly happy.






Happiness 
is a mental or emotional state
of well being characterized 
by positive or pleasant emotions 
ranging from contentment to intense joy.


Cheers,
itsmelory(^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment