Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 28 - Flix fave-MBW

I am a self confessed Julia Roberts fan.  I watched My bestfriend's wedding the first time during highschool with Annita and Carina, and since then although I watched it many times already-I still get teary eyed, feeling like high school. The movie is a fun chick flick I really enjoyed watching it and gosh how I love the soundtrack! Like when you're feeling sexy and you sing your heart out front of mirror "The moment I wake up, before I put on my make-up" with matching emote. So let me recount this classic romcom and what I think about the movie!


My best friend's wedding


The story is about finding love and losing your head at the same time. Julianne and Michael were former college sweethearts. They made a deal (if that is even serious) that if both are still single by 28th, they'd marry each other.
Ok, fast forward and true to word, Julianne received a call from her ex-boyfriend-turned-best-friend Michael on her 28th bday. Expecting a ring, instead she received an invite for her bestfriends' wedding. She was very devastated to hear that he is marrying Kim (the Cameron Diaz). Kim is a hilarious, easy to be with, friendly-happy type of girl who seemed to have a great childhood!  So when Julianne met Kimmy and her family who seemed crazy about her best friend Michael, she realized she is still in love with her best friend.  

The conflict

The story is your typical Girl loves boy, boy loves another girl. So Julianne thought it's do or die and promised to do everything to stop the wedding!  Julianne confessed to her best friend and kissed him. Unfortunately, Kim saw it and so the much needed confrontation happened- in all places- but bathroom!  

Still a happy ending


The wedding must go on, so Michael and Kimmy ended up married at the end of the day!  So there goes Julianne the best friend-and will only be like that. She got what she asked for, a closure and reason to finally move on with her life. I get nostalgic when they play-The way you look tonight.

Kaibigan mo lang ako...


Remember Jolina-Marvin / Kim-Gerald movie, so goes the famous line - kaibigan mo lang ako! or Bestfriend mo lang ako! Julianne, the soul who fell in love with her bestfriend. She might have assumed things differently, just because one is too comfortable to be with, too sweet, too thoughtful doesn't necessarily equate love. Usually the problem with girls, they fall so easily. While the guy thinks it's just pure platonic love-just friends. No more no less. Ang hard.
It seems to me that Julianne has a very strong personality and who is also a jealous BFF, otherwise she wouldn't confess to Michael, but  just far too late for anything. Also, worth mentioning her friend played by Rupert who gives her advises, and keeps up for all her insanity!
Kimmy (the bestfriends' bride to be),  has every right to get angry! Imagine seeing your fiancé lip locking with-among all people his best friend! A good reason to call the wedding off  but maybe considering about what you paid for the preparation, Kim thinks this matter can be dealt with afterwards! Just kidding. Being such a nice girl that she is, she accepted Julianne's apology, and that's it.
Michael (the bestfriend), I  don't know, I think he shouldn't be doing that stupid promise in the first place! I take it that they didn't have a closure! Distance can be good in any form of friendship. Treading the thin line between friendship and love can be dangerous, you will end up hurting one person. He should made it clear to Julianne that he only regard her as a best friend. Urgh. Wag kasi pa-fall Kuya.

If I had a way, I want Julianne and Michael to end up together. The ending ripped my heart just as Julianne has come to accept the fact. And she did what she came for in the first place, to say goodbye..(cue in Joe d' mango song)








Forever JR fan,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment