Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day 18-Comfort Foods

Foods are like music, it feeds my stomach, literally.We are Pinoys with taste buds that enjoys kwek-kwek, balut, mani, sweet corn, dumplings and all sorts of street foods to pasta and chicken, adobo, curry, lechon and many more. What I learned from my friends Marky and Berty is that no amount of stress, problems, or even a bad day can't be straighten out over some hot, satisfying good meal. I remember most of our heart-to-heart talk involves food and well, some iced cold beer to top it. So those days, like today, I turn to my comfort food.  


My comfort foods to live by


Chicken pork adobo  
That tangy, sweet sauce over hot rice. No diet day na naman.



One of the rare times I would like to eat this, esp. the  kinilaw version and it's even better if  paired with soda. Makes me think I'm home!


Paksiw or pinamalhan
Simple local staple simmered in vinegar and soy sauce best with tomatoes and some chillies. Usually paired with sinangag and coffeeMamita would cook me this whenever we're home.  


Maaga pa ba, sya kasi Lechon (pun with Late yun)
So nice and naughty cholesterol but can't help it, pair with soda? Perfect. 




Happiness,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment