Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 13-Summer and Music

My family loves music, I grew up to Beatles songs, The Platters (Momsie's who's favorite piece is Twilight time), Andy Williams, Cascades, and many more. My sister Edz would join various singing competitions and Pops would be her singing coach. I would sit and observe around during her practice session. Well, so you can figure out I am not as talented as her, but it's not so bad though. I used to join chorale singing during elementary and high school days din naman! Our favorite past time aside from TV was tape recording on my sister's most prized radio she received from Mamita. Now reminds me that we are the last batch to use the old mix tape with rewind, fast forward and record button! We adore that small radio and the collection of recorded tapes we keep.


Summer days and music day


I love naptime especially to my Popsie's Piano Collection or Earl Klugh's Jamaican Farewell on the background. I'd sleep in the first 2 songs. This guitar rhythm practically reminds me of some slow summer afternoon, lying in the hammock at the beach watching the sunset. The lady can dream on...and that particular band or song we associate with the happenings in our life? The Corrs, Moffats and A1 reminds me of my high school life! Dashboard Confessionals and Coldplay are so college to me. We all have that particular tema ng buhay at every phase of our life.

Sunday being a family day is one take-me-back day with some 80's music or some Karaoke party with Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck.  Please don't tell me I am too old for my tastes, just so you know I also have various new and latest songs on my playlist like that of Katy Perry, Coldplay, John Legend, Boyce Avenue, Selena Gomez, Beyonce, I like them a lot. I love the tunes and upbeat music. I like listening to acoustics as well.

Now for that particular band I love-I have wide tastes you know but it can't be more than The Beatles.. it's my any-day-band, just like an old pair of tsinelas.. so comfortable and feels so "home". Never gets old to me. 





Love and music,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment