Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Schokoladenmusem Köln

After the quick The Dom stop over, next is the  Chocolate museum. My heart beats faster just the thought of it. Don't we- children of all ages love it? Now, time to satisfy that sweet sweet tooth! A 20-min walk from the Koln Cathedral is Schokoladenmusem Köln, probably the most enjoyable museum I have ever been, tbh. That sweet homey-chocolatey smell  is calming, happy foods instantly emits happy thoughts!



How much?


For Eu 9 enjoy a day tour around around the chocolate factory. We trailed after the tour guide and for a moment- we were transported to Spain, following the history and the origins of this Food for the Gods, and that proud moment all because ahemm our machines on display and is being used to make That chocolates. Yes, to see is to believe!

Reminds me so much of my Mama, the lab shop for recipe development


So after the tour is this huge chocolate fountain, and of course, free chocolates!

Mandatory photo at Lindt Museum. Yes, this jacket conceals all the chocolate treats
 I keep. Hopefully I can manage to bring it home without finishing everything. 



Ciao Cologne


From the museum, we strolled around Koln area, enjoying the cobble stoned street on the way to the train station. I could hear my boots against this colored patterns, the view itself was enough to made me forgot that my feet hurt from all the walking I did. We made it to 5PM train to Freiburg, but there was seat available. So imagine standing for like 2.5 hours!

@Köln Hbf, so glad I have a pocketful of chocolates to get me through 
the ordeal of standing!



It was dark when we have arrived at Freiburg, a quick stopover for dinner of croissants,  pasta and to-go coffee, the hot cup helped a lot in  keeping my self warm for the arduous walk to the hotel. What a lovely day indeed Danke schöne! 



Love,
itsmelory(^.^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment