Monday, February 8, 2016

Toast to clocks, cheese and chocolates

Finally arrived at the hotel, my colleague Craig too eager to pack up and run since he has a flight to catch early morning,  so he need to make it to the train's last trip and spend the night at the airport. My golly whooah! I spent the entire week in Germany. For one- I've never eaten that much meat my entire life!  and moving forward to my next destination at our HQ in the fancy country named Switzerland.
So after the brief farewell is said ala Swiss style - right cheek, left cheek, right cheek. I'm a bit surprised during the first time with the third kiss, but not so long I learned.I went to my room (slightly sad, yeah I'm always like that when having to say bye to friends,  or even just an acquaintance). Packed my stuff too, drank hot cocoa and retired for the night.


Auf Wiedersehen DE



I'm up before my alarm at 6AM, still undecided if I should take a shower or not..major decision right? my OC self won over. Still shaking and regretted having dripping hair, I managed to go up for breakfast, helped myself for some coffee plus bread, some apples and banana. By 630 I'm all ready to go. I bade our receptionist goodbye, remembered to return the charger she lent me, gave her a friendly hug (it's an Asian thing), and off the walk to the train station. Expecting a lot of walking today I decided to use my spare comfy black boots but it got me no more further than 20m from the hotel door because I found out that its sole coming off. Good morning Lory, it's going to be a good day. Imagine me rummaging through my red luggage for my brown boots-right in the side of the highway. I'm sure not a pretty sight! 


The ICE, ice baby



Thanks to my photographic memory (self proclaimed, because I'm usually good with directions) I have no trouble getting around after S2. Pretty soon I walked to ICE, the Intercity Express to bring me to HB Zurich. Not a bit surprised that the lift is not operational to the platform area (does it even work at all???) so I'm on dragging luggage mode again. I probably passed out if not for the gentleman who volunteered to carry it until the platform area (He was with the wife, and the kid btw- please nothing romantic). I said a clear, almost high pitch thank you to him and he gestured back no problem, sorry my voice was partly shaking of cold- yes cold. Oh Europe, you make me believe in your people. You know that weird feeling creeps when traveling alone but the same time it kind of liberates you. I'm so happy to find my spot when the train finally arrived, tucked my luggage below my seat and getting comfortable. Ok Lory, it will be a long way from here and I shout a silent I'm comin' for ya Switzee! 


Swiss Time starts now


Maybe, my old-shoddy boots was telling me something after all.  Over the radio they announced that all passengers need to get off at Singen Station. I checked my ticket, how could've missed it? A bus will pick us up at Singen Station to the SBB at Scaffhausen  all because  some repairs were being done in one of the railway station. Huwaat?  of all days! I look at my luggage who seems to look back at me with that mocking smile- Well, hello eto na, magkaka-muscles ka na lalala..
Don't panic, it's organic. So I got off as calm as possible, saw that B27 Bus was waiting for us. I pretty managed a good seat beside the window.  I cheered myself to think that this is a free tour at the same time! By 1030 Swiss time, we were on the road again.
It could have been a quiet moment for me to enjoy the view and a time to relax my arms if not for my seatmate who was too curious enough to start a conversation. So I found out he's from Audi, and that he recently transferred to Bosch. Wow, close na kami. I found in fact that he's also traveling to Switzerland. You see, I'm always the lucky girl. Who would've thought I'd enjoy this ride? My guardian angel just loves me. So the entire bus ride, we talked about Asia - China, Indonesia. We parted ways at Schaffhausen and I'm feeling a lot better. My ticket says I need to take 1200 train, so I'm just  right on time, you know I'm here in Switzerland and to quote Paulo Coelho-  the clocks never lie it's Swiss time.






Platform 3, check. By 12nn, I'm onboard SBB to Zurich. I relaxed on my seat, and said a thank you prayer.  Ordered some hot coffee and a croissant, plus the banana I managed to snatched from the hotel. (ha-ha). I will make sure to have chocolates and cheese when I get there, but for the meantime, I will enjoy the long and windy ride to Zurich, and snapped some proper selfie  for the day!



To CH,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment