Saturday, January 16, 2016

Schengen Visa

Traveling to Europe was like a dream for me. If you'd ask me last year what I would be doing, I wouldn't for the world even thought that I'd be given the opportunity to travel to my distant dream place. So now, I am really all kilig to be preparing my flight to Europe. But first things first, far more important that my Autumn frills and fuss is my Schengen visa! 
A European visa collectively called Schengen is composed of 26 countries which have agreed to have free movement of their citizens as single country.



Where to apply visa?

My trip includes Germany and Switzerland, so I could either apply both at the embassy of Germany or Switzerland, but the main criteria depends on which country you will stay longer. Since I will spend the same number of days in both and barely 3 weeks left for my visa I decided to go for German embassy because of its proximity to my office. *panic attacks*  

German Foreign Ministry is located at RCBC Plaza, Ayala Avenue Makati City. For a Business visa here goes the
checklist:
  1. Identity as traveler, original passport valid for at least 3 months and must contain at least two empty pages. Photocopy of the passport including valid and invalid passports. Easy.
  2. Current passport photos 2 pcs.
  3. Fully accomplished visa application form
  4. Purpose of travel which is the invitation letter in company paper format with the name of the guest, date of travel, company you work for, intended stay, motive of the travel and reason for the trip.
  5. Visa fee; Children 6 years and below Free, 6-12 Euros 35, 12 years and above Euros 60 or approximately Php3,450.00
  6. Financial coverage of your entire stay. 6 months bank statement of accounts with confirmation by the bank. I was worried because my personal bank account BPI would only release maximum 3 months of SOA, good thing that I have an online account and was able to print 6 months of Statement! And in addition, a letter of invitation in which the sponsor guarantees for the cost of the guest's entire stay!
  7. Travel health Insurance - not a problem. I have a travel insurance since I am traveling frequently, minimum coverage of about Euros 30,000-
  8. Proof of employment, latest ITR, approved leave letter of absence signed by employer if necessary.  
Now as soon as the checklist is completed, time to get an appointment! When I made the online schedule, I found out that the next available slot is day after my supposed flight! Like OMG, #tiwalalangLory, matutuloy din si Europe. Now my only chance is get my visa from the Swiss Embassy. 

TLS Contact 

I couldn't be more happier with TLS Contact to process my Swiss visa. Since I have initially furnished most requirement, all there to do is fill up visa form. I wish they do all kinds of visa but unfortunately, they only cater for Switzerland visa alone. Okay lets!
First, I registered at their website and you will be given designated username and password. You need to fill in your information and get an appointment for personal appearance and submission of documents. It is also important to note that you must provide correct contact number or email so they can notify you for the pick up of passport. Processing time takes 1 week before grant or denial of your visa.
I went there 2 weeks before my scheduled trip, paid Php 3,500, have my bioemetric data captured. Do not forget to bring original and photocopy of all documents!


Here goes...

Two days after my submission, I received an email that my passport is ready for pick up. TLS passport collection is from M-F, 1:30-4:30PM. Here goes everything! I was so sure my visa got denied because, hello..1 week processing isn't it? So I went there afternoon ready to say Auf weidersehen to my European dream. 

Additional note to bring the checklist form, original and photocopy of your ID, or if in case your representative will come and pick up, make sure to prepare:
  1. Your ID Copy
  2. Visa checklist
  3. Authorization letter
  4. Representative's original and photocopy ID

I wasn't even half willing to open the sealed envelope with my passport- not until I got home and mustered all my strength to open it (char, drama queen). My heart almost jumped for joy when I saw my passport stamped with approved visa. Goodness!! I smell Europe from all the way here! My colleague said there is a slim chance that my visa will be denied since its a business visa- oh I was worried for no reason at all ! Lols. Still, I praise the Lord. 


This one pager made my day!





 To Europe,

itsmelory (^.^)



*************************** U P D A T E ********************************

As an update, the official partner of Embassy of Switzerland for visa processing is VFS Global. You may contact them thru: https://visa.vfsglobal.com. Due to COVID-19 outbreak, visa processing is closed until June 15,2020. 


No comments:

Post a Comment