Thursday, January 21, 2016

Stadt Ludwigsburg

It was half past 3 when I met Craig & Bryan.  Tbh, my legs ached from all the walking in boots- but for the love of Europe, and I did not travel for like 1 day to just be sitting in my hotel room. So since work officially starts tomorrow, let's be like tourist for today. Now that enough makes my blood running. First stop -Stadt Ludwigsburg.
 

How to get there?


From Freiburg am Neckar Station, we took the DB S2 to Ludwigsburg passing only 2 stations for Eu 5. 

Vendo ticket machine so no trouble getting some ticket.
 Interesting to know there are no guards for bags and ticket inspections, but beware, 
guards make random inspections and when caught, 
you will be required to pay more than double. 

Ludwigsburg


Ludwigsburg is a city North of Stuttgart. The largest and one of the most prosperous economic center in the state and according to history, was also a favorite hunting place of the royal Wuttemburg family. The city was named after Erberhard Lois-Duke of Wuttemburg. Ludwigsburg being the German name for Lois. During his reign, Ludwigsburg was the Royal residence of the family but when his cousin Alexander ascended to the throne, he moved the capital back to Stuttgart.
Strolling around, can't help but notice that Ludwisburg is a quiet, sleepy city. I also found out that Charles Pfizer-chemist and founder of Pfizer group was born in this city. Most stores are closed because its the weekend! My what a difference! Back in Manila, people flock to malls, restaurants and especially during weekend to hang out.







WOK on Fire



Spending almost 2 days in the plane made me miss home food, so Chinese food is a welcome surprise. Bryan took us to some Wok- right in the middle of Ludwigsburg for an early dinner!

Base: Rice noddles - 3.90
Shrimp - 2.20
Pepper - .0.90
Champignons - 0.90
Cabbage -0.90
Choose you own sauce - I had seafood lover.
Softdrinks - 3.50
Total bill: Euro 12.30

Here goes! My bill was like Php600+, back in Manila I would get a decent meal for that amount, but yeah, Europe is pricey.

Cafe Trölsch


After some hot noodles, I have never been glad to be inside some cafeteria, the sweet delicious smell of freshly baked bread, hot coffee feels very comforting.





Bought some butter pretzels  for night caps and made our way back to Hotel Schober. 
Ah, Europe has just begun, but my body clock is telling me otherwise. 
Time to bade goodnight!


Happiness,
itsmelory (^.^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment