Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lory's essentials



One important thing to consider when traveling is your destination's weather to help you prepare physically and pack your clothing properly. I learned my lesson when I went to Japan on an autumn and I only had some petroleum jelly, an alcohol based moisturizer which was a great recipe for skin disaster, good thing I got my Burt's Bees liptint to protect thy lips. 

Traveling isn't just about snapping #ootd photos but also feeling comfortable by keeping your self warm and taking care your skin too! Therefore I conclude that a dose of a good moisturizer is quite as essential as your hand gloves, warmer and perfect boots to match everything else. Here's my beauty hack which will might come quite very useful for you too! 


Good morning ritual


One thing probably my parents bestowed upon me is this sensitive genes, 
meaning anything I put on my face instantly gives me reddish itchy spots. 
I found just the right wash that doesn't. Tea tree for pimple prevention too. Yey. 

L'Oreal White Perfect Day Cream SPF 17
This Fairness control cream somehow worked for me! 
I like the light weight feel on my skin! I put enough coverage on my face and neck after my facial wash, bonus that it smells clean and nice! The only downside is that it doesn't come with a spatula, so yeah finger dipping it is. 

Biore UV Sunscreen SPF 50+ 
Yes, you need some sunscreen even on Autumn! Winner because
this is water-based SPF perfect that it doesn't dry skin.
After I have smoothed on my moisturizer this cream comes next.
I also liked it because its a mini tube so it's quite hygienic, plus it can be squeezed even on my small pouch. 

L'oreal True Match Idealizing Cream SPF 35+ 
I use very small amount of this just so I have a tint and don't go on looking pale. 
It also gives some satin finish to match my moisturizer! 

L'oreal True Match Powder 
Just tapped lightly for a finish! 


My Evening essentials 


I don't really have a night time ritual, on normal occasion I go for what's natural and believes that night time is the time for the skin to breath- but not when I was in Europe. I feel like I needed to put on some protection on cold days.  

Essential Olive Oil Jelly
I like that it's an all around and a practical remedy for lips, hands, feet. During my first 2 days, I use it on my face too, I put a thick layer before sleeping and it was okay. 

Nivea Soft Hydrating Cream
Thanks for this hydrating cream, I replaced the Essential Oil Jelly for my night moisturizer. I dab a handful before sleeping on my face and massage gently, and the following morning, my face is feels smooth, I use it as hand cream as well! Quite useful and effective!

Avon Naturals Aloe Hydra-cool Overnight mask
My sister let me have the remaining of her night beauty regime (which I am so glad I did bought with me). I used it every other night alongside Nivea cream which works for me. It leaves a cool and minty feel on my face and in the morning my face feels well hydrated and smooth. 



Stay warm and enjoy the cold weather,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment