Sunday, December 8, 2013

Time Travel to Japan 日本国


There are just too many good things to say about Japan. We heard of them as very disciplined, trustworthy, loyal traditional and polite people. My Japan trip was a dream come true and not to mention *out of my bucketlist* I am so privileged to be given that opportunity, I thank the Lord for this blessing, thank you Mr. Yan, thank you PNK (perks of my hardwork) Autumn of 2012 and I am so happy to share why I really...really would love to come back.

Touchdown Kansai, Osaka City


We took evening flight via PAL. So efficient, kudos! The weather was 10 C on a late evening when we arrived.  This is real cold for us who are not accustomed to autumn season or much even colder season where the world becomes icy winter. Of course I came in prepared. I packed a couple of jackets, some warmers, mittens, socks and of course..double layering of clothes I'd say is a must at least for me, who's really lamigin. Kansai (KIX) is the international gateway for major cities like Kyoto, Kobe and Osaka. 

At the arrival, I was practically taken a back because they have indoor railway to take you to baggage area and exit (I did not take photos!). We did the immigration thing and off we go. It was a smooth exit, KIX is very much organized, well I'd like to say, Osaka and Japan are organized. The guards kind of scares me just a little bit. They opened our bags for checking, and the other Japanese guard asked me "Enjinia desu ka?" He returned my ID bowing. I bowed at him too. We took the bus from the airport to bring us to Kobe, Osaka. Sacho-san (President) met us up and dropped us at a nearby hotel (Toyoko-Inn). We exchanged some work updates (but of course), and a welcome dinner afterwards. He also reminded us that meet-up time is 9AM next day. Oh, just shake shake the cold! 

Ohayou gozaimasu Japan!


Just like any tourist (feeling tourist for that matter ha), I woke up early the following day not minding the jet lag from last night and an-hour time difference. Too much excited to explore what's in store for me in the The Land of the Rising Sun. We went down to grab some quick breakfast, bread, eggs and coffee and off we go, so ready for all the surprises! 



We walked along Sannomiya Streets adorned with these nice looking, yellow trees.  
I can breath perfectly cold air. Totemo yoi !


Some photo op while it's still the morning..


This is a popular dish of course! Takuyaki (s) are found in almost every street corner. Although I've tried this once at home, I can say nothing beats Kobe's version. Made of tako (octopus) cooked inside flour balls topped with mayo and cheese, this is Japan's street food. Best eaten straight from the pan but should be careful with hot fillings! We went back to our hotel entrance before 9:00AM. 

So Japan-nice


True to word, Sacho-san and the entourage (all members of our Japan main office) picked us up 9:00AM sharp. Japanese people don't do late. They are perfectionist in every sense of the word. The next few hours were engaged in formal introduction and lots of bowing. Japanese bow when they do their greetings in almost everything: Ohayou (Goodmorning/Hello), Arigatou (Thank you), Sayonara (Goodbye). I'm just glad I have Japanese background back in college, I am able to use it now. It's showtime! Sensei must be proud! 

We were ushered to our seats in the coaster van and we occupied the back portion. It has a VIP table and more legroom which is nice. Oh and a karaoke too but I think there are only Japanese songs. So I gave way to them nalang, hehe.

On our way to our first stop. Can't help but admire this picturesque. Green lushes turning into gold and red. What a beauty!




Cold weather like today calls for something to warm us up, uhm. I'm ok with just  
a soda, or coffee.  


with Kacho-san before our first stop over outside of Osaka. 
Time travel starts now. 


Find out my first time travel to Kurashiki Prefecture.


Enjoying Japan,


itsmelory (^.^)

2 comments: