Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Midnight in Goryeo

Beautiful day today, and lucky for me my eyes doesn't show how terribly I slept last night, here's a short story to the night that was. 


We had a lovely time in Everland, Myeongdong of course the night shouldn't go without  samgyup and soju, we headed back satisfied,ready to reboot for next day's activity. 



But we made a quick stop at nearby 7/11 to buy some loads, in short more Soju. Ah, this feels exactly some Kdrama blahblah. Nightcapping some soju.


Daryl and I continued our soju in the room while Riza prepared to go to bed. It was almost midnight when we settled in for the night or is it a day? We were almost asleep when I heard some weird sound at first I thought it was coming from the window, so I went up a bit half asleep and checked, nothing. So I went back to bed- then the sound keeps coming until my heart was literally beating so fast- like a someone is trying to get inside. I grabbed my bag from my top pillow side and hide in blanket (like duh, priorities di ba?) 
Turns out Riza heard the same thing and she stood up and announced, someone is trying to break in! We jumped out of bed and then we hear the doorknob and the beeping outside. We were so freaked out, and the soju did not help at all to calm me down!  We tried to look for emergency numbers in our booking- nothing! So Daryl suggested we call the police. Korea indeed has the fastest internet, in a matter of minute with all the doorknob being forced open and beeping, we called the police and we told what was happening, we gave the hotel address and the waiting begins. Daryl managed to turned on the TV, and tried talking to the person outside asking "Who's there?"while Riza grabbed the hair dryer- her idea of self defense. Minute later, we heard a car parked outside, and then some conversation outside. Someone knocked and a muffled sound of " Police here". Wow, that was sooo fast!  
Daryl opened the door and 2 policemen said their curtsies. He explained that the hotel manager made a mistake. Turns out, the person who's trying to get inside is a group of Thai's who's supposed to check in the same hotel , same room number just different building. They apologized and led the Thais outside, they will call the hotel manager to settle the matter.   
When the adrenaline has died down, I think I needed more soju, I thought hey how come the police managed to get inside when the receptionist's only until 11PM? I did not slept well enough, and its almost 2AM. 
Next day, we investigated and found out something interesting. The hotel is equipped with KT short for Korea Telecop.  A CCTV access, surveillance camera linked to the police station where they could - yes..peeked in for any possible emergency, also police has a special access codes in case they needed to go inside the building. Quite cool!  So that explains why the police were in the hotel so quickly and managed to get inside!
In the end, we were satisfied how they handled the matter, efficient and yes- FAST! We never felt safer, and yes, they're more than just Kpopolice face, oppa! Sarangheee.


Cheers,

marzylorie (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment