Friday, November 7, 2014

Gensan in a day

Last week felt like a vacation (joke) the truth was,  I'm on  a business trip for plant visits to Mindanao. This is something I really enjoyed about my job...traveling. The second largest island in the Philippines, Mindanao is a mountainous area and is home to Mount Apo, the highest in the country. First stop for the day is General Santos City. Finally, a breath of fresh air. 



General Santos City



We flew to General Santos City first flight on a Wednesday. My third time at Dadiangas and keeps on getting better. Today's a typical hot morning in the Tuna Capital of the Philippines. General Santos was formerly known as Dadiangas taken from a thorny tree that once was abundant in the area. 


Maayong buntag Gensan!




So many new constructions going on which is a good thing I suppose! 


Saranggani Highlands



Of course, work work first, so we did a couple of stopover until midday. Next we went for lunch, which was really remarkable at Saranggani Highlands! Sinigang na tuna panga on my plate is just too tempting... and a nice view of the garden overlooking the blue bay. Nature at its best! 


Into the dining area...Halloween decorations all over the place.


View from the top. 


*Tuna perfection*

More meetings followed after lunch but by 3:00PM we're off to Yellow Bus Line Terminal to Davao, so my roadtrip begins It would get you approximately 3 hours from Gensan to Davao. Now, time to enjoy this nice view just like some tourist, and  if it becomes too boring...TV becomes useful or I connect to the free Wi-Fi! This Bus is so cool for a fare of Php 250.00. My introspection was short lived when we were passing vast trees of green and overlooking the seas from afar and into Davao City. Can't wait for more of Mindanao!


Read more of my adventure in  Another day in Davao City 


Happiness, 
itsmelory (^.^) 

No comments:

Post a Comment