Friday, November 7, 2014

Wow Davao

I have never been to Davao City, but hearing a lot of good things about the city - I could only imagine what a nice city it must be, I didn't know, it's a lot lot more! 


Dakbayan sa Dabaw


Also known as the fruit basket of the country, we traveled roughly 2.5 hrs from Gensan to Davao. It was a rainy evening  when we arrived. We managed to get a cab to our hotel at Hotel Uno. It was the same hotel we stayed previously. Nothing fancy, only the basic commodities plus it's within the city proper so no trouble getting around. We walked around the area hoping to find an open restaurant at 9:30PM, but the rain was so much of a killjoy that we ended up eating in a fast food . We were back in the hotel for the much needed rest for the remaining plant tours tomorrow (which didn't happen because I watched TV until wee hours.)







Good morning Davao!



Quick check out and on our way by 8AM. The next few hours were engaged in meetings, site visits, discussions. I noticed that Davao people were proud locals of their city, even though they have speed limit of 60kph within expressways, they put up signages every 2Km, and visible security mobile within every turn.  


Eat at Penongs



Penong is Davao's household name, you can find it every corner of Metro Davao. They have grilled choices and vegetables!

Eating time, again.




After some good lunch, we went to our next stop before our  7 or 8-hour travel to Cagayan de Oro. Whoah! Exhaustion level to almost full, but wait..a trip to Davao City won't be complete without some sweet pomelo for pasalubong!


Where to buy?



We settled for something proven, and that's the the Golden brand,  I got 5 boxes of sweet pomelo! Price is Php 600/box and has around 6-7 pcs of Suha (depending on size). 
A much cheaper brand is Nenita's (around Php450/box). Just make sure to check each box for some spoiled or overriped Suha. So happy to found some mangosteen as well! Yes, another favorite!




Fancy some durian?



Timecheck: 330PM,  all set to CDO. Bus fare cost Php 550/head. So the next hours I was in awe of the great view like above. Somehow it feels like home. I contented myself sightseeing the uncomplicated rural life like this. Later when it was dusk, it reminds me of home and for a fleeting moment I hope I was just home enjoying a chitchat with my Pops & Moms.
I fell asleep for 2 hours because the next stop we were at Bukidnon area. The bus stopped over along the highway to one karinderia where we ate dinner before taking another 4 hour bus ride. No fun but it was a smooth ride.


Next stop: Cagayan de Oro

Read more of my Davao adventure A taste of Jack's Ridge 


Happiness,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment