Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cagayan de Oro

I remembered wanting to stretch after almost 8 hr of sitting on the bus, finally at midnight, we arrived at Cagayan de Oro which translates to River of gold, we took a cab from Terminal to Marianne Suites. A 5 minute trip from the terminal. Finally, sleeping time. 


Maayong aga Kagay-an!


I woke up early to give ample time for preparation like the OC me even with barely 4 hours of sleep. Keri mo yan Lory. Marianne Suites wasn't so bad! It's conveniently located, WiFi signals are good even inside each rooms, the rooms are well-lit and equipped with cable flat screen TV, they have bottled water refill everyday plus a free breakfast. I joined Kuya Erning (our driver for the day)  for breakfast. By 8:30AM and we're on the road again! Next itinerary was another drop hi, talk and go to meet people, Cagayan-on's were very friendly and hospitable people!

Finally, after the morning meetings, we're off for lunch.  My boss suggested we check out Delmonte Clubhouse, ok lets! I noticed that CDO has traffic jams too, after like an hour from the city, we made it to Delmonte! 


The Delmonte Clubhouse

Is located in Brgy. San Miguel, Manolo Fortrich,  Bukidnon well known for its finest and sweet pineapples! Certainly this is a welcome sight of pineapple plantation.

Kuya Erning mentioned that half of the whole plantation was already harvested..










Some welcome drink- no alcohol please. Just fresh pineapple goodness. 
Add Php 20 if you want it bottomless! Honto?!


and surprise! to complete the meal, some fresh slices too.  




Behold the main course. Muy favorito! Superrr


I remembered Daryl once told me when it comes to steak,  get the medium rare. It takes a good chef to perfect a medium rare, but idc cause (for the meantime) I want mine well done!  The taste of sweet, tender beef in medium size still lingers on my mouth when I think of that time in DC. I can't believe I finished the whole med size, well what can I say, but delicioso, no dinner later ok ?






I needed the stroll after finishing that main course.. hehe






Back to reality now, we billed out and on the road to finish the itinerary, the full meal makes me sleepy. Haha. Sorry boss. Sayang cause we didn't get to experience the actual harvest of pineapples, accdg. to Kuya Erning, anyone is welcome to help pick up the pineapples and in return, you get to have some pick for take out! How cool! Next time maybe?


Night outing in CDO


Aaand we're so done for the  day! We're back in the hotel by 6:00. Time to relax now, but minutes later my boss called me to check the area for possible dinner. Wow, di pa ata natunaw ang steak boss, no dinner tonight for me..which of course didn't happened. I managed to convince myself that I'm not supposed to miss checking some hang-outs on our last night in the lovely Cagayan de Oro.


Funny episodes during that time. So in short, no nap at all and it's dinner time already.


Checking out Inilog Grill


So  we found ourselves along Velez St. and  went to check this acoustic bar 
Inilog Grill. Some live bands playing cool songs that time! I liked it,  they do new hits, acoustics and some flashback songs. Even my manager sings along. 


Chill time officially starts now. Yeah!



Never been a fan of Chitcharon, but this one's really good esp. if paired with "cold" beer. *Please don't mind the empty calories*

Ordered some grilled fish, no rice for that matter. After we finished the first order, we ordered some more. For only Php80 per order, the grilled catch of the day is worth it! Buti na lang I came along. If ever you're in CDO, the place is highly recommended!  I enjoyed the food, and the live band. It was also nice to do some wrapping up about our business trip and what's to do next when we're back in Manila, ok enough of work please. 


***

Funny  Drunken Advice
He who drinks, get drunk
He who gets drunk, fall asleep
He who falls asleep does not sin
He who does not sin, goes to heaven
So lets all drink and go to heaven.
 ***

Another day in Cagayan


Good morning! Last day today? Aww.. just when I'm all getting warmed up only in CDO, it's time to go na agad? Made a quick shopping by at Missy Bonbon / Vjandrep to buy some sweet pasalubongs for my kampon at the office. 


Missy Bonbon Pastels!



Missy Bonbon is located around Limketkai Mall, a wellknown mall in CDO. 


Good ambiance I say! 








Had some sweets in Halloween mode too! 



Read about my The Divine Mercy Hills experience


Catch up with you soon, 

itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment