Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Divine Mercy Hills

During our itinerary planning, my boss wanted to go sidetripping to Camiguin. However, we found out that the trip would take at least 3 hrs, so since our spare time wouldn't allow it, we forego the plan perhaps next time.

On the way to the Laguindingan International Airport, Kuya Erning suggested we make a quick stopover to Divine Mercy Hills located at El Salvador City, Misamis Oriental. Yey, time to make a wish. Yes, I'm one of those who believes that whenever it's your first time to visit some church, you are allowed one wish to be granted if you pray the earnest! 


Proper attire please!  They have available skirts/shawl for donations only.






This stairs going up will welcome you to the Divine Mercy Hills.



The walk going up was such a sight of families praying together, pilgrims reciting prayer or just a group of people touring. The whole place has a solemn and serene feeling.


After about 10-15 minutes walk up- Here behold the 50-ft Statue of Divine Mercy.
The tallest Divine Mercy statue in the world! Can you believe it?








Divine mercy, please pray for us.







And I couldn't help but took a souvenir photo of me in my red skirt.

Lord, I trust in you.


At the base of the statue is a Healing chapel and that just across it lies
the Divine Mercy Church.
The mass just ended when I finally reached the topmost of the hill.
Now its time I say my wish :)

The ladies in red skirts!




After a brief prayer and wish, we made our way to the airport just in time for checking in. The whole business trip was tiresome but very enjoyable! I am so lucky that my job actually bought me to interesting places-and in Mindanao for that matter! But yes, I love every single moment about it.



Thank you Mindanao for the experience,

itsmelory (^.^)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs! The Top 5 highest rated will be displayed in the BLOGS OF FAME and will be featured weekly in our Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter pages ;)

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    Thank you,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete