Friday, August 17, 2018

Meeting Malaysia

My ghost month proves to be really interesting this year because I was chosen to fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! For the first time in forever.. I would always tell my friends, in fact just a weeks ago that it's one country I’ve never been but I’d really love to visit. The whole universe echoed my heart, thank you Universe because I was given this opportunity, and the best thing about it? All for free! I can’t thank the universe enough and North Star group for this. How does one get so #loryluckyme?
I didn’t managed to attend the meet & greet with fellow “tourist” (naks, makatourist) prior to  the flight because I was occupied with meetings here and there. I was touched to see my own bag of goodies on my desk complete with tour information, ID, luggage tags, 2-way ticket. Impressive, 5 stars for Northstar! Remembering the travel agency from way back our Thailand trip but anyway, since Malaysia is visa-free, I packed a day before not too concerned with my ootd’s since the weather forecast seems fair, showed up early morning at Terminal 2 for my early flight to Kuala Lumpur!

Finally, Malaysia


Kuala Lumpur is the largest and capital city of Malaysia. In Malay, kuala means the point where 2 river points meet, and lumpur meaning muddy. It is interesting to read the history of Kuala Lumpur from a small town where houses were built out of wood and very prone to flooding. During Selangor Civil War, Kuala Lumpur was heavily damaged and burnt to the ground. Not until the occupation of British Resident Frank Sweetenham, the town was rebuilt using brick and tiles from houses up to government offices. Today, Kuala Lumpur is rated as alpha word city, and is the hub to 20 of the TOP 2000 Forbes List with majorities of residents 60% of Malay origin, 20 % Chinese, 10% Indian, and the 10 % of different nationalities. 

KL on a week-day, but they too have traffic during rush hours. 

We arrived almost lunch time, the entire flight was smooth and uneventful. Sidney Sheldon’s book kept me occupied on the first few minutes after take off, and you probably guessed, then sleeping the entire flight! I’m happy to meet new bunch of friends, and my seatmate Nadia – Nady baby being the bunso in the group was such a charming company. 
First stop in KL? Yes foods. We went to a buffet lunch at Degrees Restaurant located at Sama-sama Hotel, just around the airport area. After filling our stomach, we freshened up a bit, and on our way to a City Tour starting with- Putrajaya. 

Seri Wawasan Bridge


En route is this futuristic looking bridge which appears like a sailing ship exactly the vision of the country Malaysia to sail forward, towards Millenia Malaysia. We made a quick stopover for some picture-taking. Overlooking from the bridge you’ll get a glimpse of one of the most famous landmark of Putrajaya also known as  The Pink mosque.


Channeling my "malay ko, malay nya, may Malay sya" 
a.k.a. first official selfie of the day.



Happiness & love,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment