Tuesday, September 8, 2020

September to Remember

1 year...since the last time I have updated this site! In fact when I tried to log in, I had a draft from last year I didn't even managed to finish. How are you holding up? This Corona virus thing has reduced us into work from home employees, well at least most of us are in wfh set-up or better yet work from anywhere at home, living room,  dining room, garden area, or bedroom- ha! living the dream. So for us, things are better than they were..2020 was more than just a Covid-19 year, because 2020 we found out that we were expecting! Yes indeed a blessing in these times!

The How I Told the hubby

Ok ok before I go into the details of my pregnancy journey, let me tell you how I shared the news with Daryl. September's indeed a month to remember. I did my test twice in the morning for 2 day straight to be sure. The second time the 2 lines appeared I was shouting in my head! So I went back to the room, not sure how to tell so I sat beside the sleepy husband, and quietly asked if he is even ready to become a tatay. Still in his dreamland state he opened his eyes not sure if he even heard me. When he saw the test and realizing what it was, he sat upright, and almost instantly, he had this huge smile. We hold hands for a while, then he hugged me..no words. I guess that's what happens when something so enormous as this news comes up. There were no words enough to express the certain bliss and happiness the heart contains. Then almost suddenly, Daryl dashed out of the bed- to the bathroom!!! Pretty much romantic then turned frantic! He came back after a while and we stare some more at this thing, both teary eyed, and I remembered him asking, is this for real? From romantic to frantic then its melodramatic, quite a pattern. 
The next hours when reality has sinked in, we were booking appointments to see a doctor first and foremost! Grateful to have this mobile app so my first appt. at TMC-Ortigas was confirmed immediately.

This is it

I can't even begin to tell how my first appointment gave us the scare of our life, the first TVS result came in that there was no fetal heartbeat (yet)  and we were advised to do a repeat test the following week. We asked also the opinion of Daryl's sister, Nang Dyan  also an OB-Gyne and she advised the same to just to be on the safe side. The entire week we had to wait for the retest was the longest week ever!  I don't know how I came through the ordeal of waiting. I  remember a word I read from my reflection to be just Pray-very from words prayer and bravery. Praying the hardest when its hardest to pray.  I trust the Lord and claim that this blessing is meant to be.

So came Thursday for the retest, and finally- that tiny blip on screen was sure enough to bring me to tears, I was choking up when my OB asked me if I'm even ok. By the time we finished the check-up, Daryl was eagerly waiting outside, and when I told him about baby's heartbeat, he fell on the chair- almost crying and let out a  big sigh of relief! Dinaig pa ang walling grabeeee! Trust Daryl to always make everything so dramatic. 


The How we told the Family

So here comes birthday weekend and we wanted to share the good news! Daryl suggested we make it something special, so we ended up making a short video which we uploaded on family's VC. Soon after we shared it, we were on messenger call and congratulations poured in- oh this is the best birthday gift so far. So touched of family's love and support! See video below:

Our baby announcement video! 



Starting Anew

So pretty much my life these days includes bathroom trips more than thrice at night, waking up feeling exhausted more than ever, cravings- and more cravings. I would blog my experience for my own sake, just to record my entire pregnancy journey. This is such an exciting time for me and Daryl as first time parents. I'm counting the days until every milestone achieved as I grow this baby inside me, and looking forward to the day I could finally hold this human. 

Love and light,

itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment