Wednesday, July 8, 2015

To Siam with Love

I am such a sucker of ancient temples, grand palaces, beautiful buildings or anything that's intricately designed. I believe that it takes a lot of creative juices to make something of a masterpiece, and how I marvel at these creative pieces!  If you have watched Anna & the King movie, you will get excited as I am to visit Thailand. Our Siam trip is very memorable because the planning took over one year!


Thai (Take) me away


I remembered Riza and myself trudging to the travel agency's office to complain (which we do best by the way) about the inclusions of the tour and stuff. Adding to the fact is that Daryl's passport is about to expire and we have to apply for extension. So I wrote a lengthy Request of Extension to the Embassy of the Philippines, and Thailand. Thankfully, the trip pushed through and I may say more than  I have expected it to be.


See you in awhile Siam!

We arrived half past 3 on a Saturday morning at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, and although I am half asleep, half awake almost with my eyebags and all sorts of bag- I still can't help but be amazed of Thailand's airport. So huge!

We departed a little rattled because my sister lost her boarding pass minutes before departure time. Imagine my heart attack and which we later found it under her seat! She took Doliprane for headache forgetting she has allergies, and that... she did not even bring a single anti-histamine with her! The faults of a first-time flyer. Unbelievable. 

Daryl's passport bothered me more although a representative from the embassy replied to my email that it's okay since Thailand is visa-free, still not good enough for me until we're stamped. I was literally holding my breath when it was Daryl's turn at the Immigration and just like that, the stamp is done! Vacation officially starts now.







Excited na sya..yowdee. 




As soon as we have everything settled, exchanged some Bhat to get us through, we went to Airport Cafe for some mornight capping, since we have about 2 hrs till pick up time. 
Aahhhh everything smells Siam! 




The waiting game starts! I had some hot coffee with chocolate while  alam mo na, chismisan protion breezing through the Thai map. Our relieved faces after the immigration thingy. 



Some Thai celebrity at the airport. :) But who you?! 




Time check: 8AM. Quick freshening up when our service arrived as we were caught in a flurry of activity right away! So I was sitting on the car trying to keep myself awake and unbelievably managed some lip-tint and some powder. I thank you shades for hiding my eyes! Siam here we come! 


FIRST STOP: WAT BENJA



Love,
itsmelory (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment