Wednesday, July 9, 2014

K-Domination

Earlier today I come a crossed a couple of high school students - boisterous for that matter almost jumping off their seats while covering their mouth to thwart a scream over a certain magazine at nearby 7/11 store. I can't help but think shouldn't they be at school at this time?!!! While I'm concentrating on my cup of coffee trying hard to keep awake feeling grumpy on a gloomy Thursday since I overworked myself.. okay that's a lie I stayed late actually watching Game of Thrones when something caught my attention. So these high schoolers were in fact skimming through a KPop Magazine. There's no denying the world's been taken by these Kpop phenomenon in terms of fashion and music. Now everyone wants to look, dress, talk and live? like them. Some even had surgeries to look a lot like them.

Pop the KPOP


In case you haven't noticed stores with Korean offerings Etude, TheFaceshop, Bonchon, Kyochon,Tous les Jours are becoming everyone's favorite. Even billboards across Ayala, Guadalupe, Manila are but a familiar face of that hallyu star. They swarm covers of Magazine, standee at malls, Myx/MTV, upbeat tune over radio and almost all local TV stations have Koreanovela right? and myself is a self-confessed Kdrama fan too!  


All it takes..


My Kdrama blues began when my sister insisted I should watch this koreanovela because it's kiligerns (kilig in other words) to the highest level! So to stop her from nagging me I said yes half meant but without a bit of intention of spending up to wee hours in the morning to watch this overstated melodramatic Kdrama. Or so I thought because all it takes is 1 episode, and I can't stop watching it until I'm done with the episode. I finished the 16-episode- kdrama in 3 days. So there goes my eyebags and my precious sleep gone by for all the worth of watching this overrated-kdrama and I say no regrets (walang basagan ng trip, pwede?) 
Unlike our usual teleserye that can last until a year or more, Kdrama's are in miniseries format that can last up to 16-30 episodes only with kilig stories we can relate to. Gone are the days of Mexican telenovela and here comes Korean wave! 


Favorite K-List


So I'm sharing my favorite Kdrama that brought me to tears, frustrates me at some point, made me laughed so hard and yes kilig2x din pag may time, not to mention also to be blamed for these statement bags I wore -my eyebags. <3



Kwang Sang-woo & Choi Ji -woo



Photo grabbed from: http://dramamusings.wordpress.com/2014/06/04
/kwon-sang-woo-choi-ji-woo-and-yoon-eun-hye-in-temptation/








4. The Coffee Prince (2007)


Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun-hye

 



Photo grabbed from: http://arncyn.squidoo.com/coffee-prince




 5. Personal Taste (2010)


Lee Min ho & Son Ye-jin


Photo grabbed from: http://www.dramafever.com/drama/728/Personal_Taste/












7. City Hunter (2011)

Lee Min-ho & Park Min-young



Photo grabbed from: http://en.korea.com/cityhunter








8. Faith (2012)

Lee Min-ho & Kim Hee-sun


 

Photo grabbed from:http://www.daejeonaccess.com





9. The Heirs (2013)

Lee Min-ho & Park Shin-ye



Photo grabbed from www.viki.com





10. My Love from the Stars (2014)

Kim Soo-hyun & Jun Ji Hyun


Photo grabbed from :www.noonafan.com



Kdrama fan me, 

itsmelory(^.^)

P.S.

I'm expanding my list soon. Is it obvious I'm such an LMH fan? Hahah
Until then, enjoy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment